Entrepreneurship in the social sector
- Los Angeles : Sage Publications, c2007.
- Physical description
- xiii , 407 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
HD60 .E56 2007
- Unknown HD60 .E56 2007
- Wei-Skillern, Jane.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Social Entrepreneurship: Need and Opportunity 2. The Social Entrepreneurship Process Steve Mariotti and NFTE The September 11th Fund: The Creation 3. Navigating the Philanthropic Labyrinth Peninsula Community Foundation New Schools Venture Fund 4. Earning Your Own Way IPODERAC Newman's Own 5. Crafting Alliances Guide Dogs for the Blind Kaboom! 6. Managing Growth STRIVE Sustainable Conservation- Where Next? 7. Performance Management for Entrepreneurial Organizations Playgrounds and Performance: Results Management at Kaboom! The National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Written for students and practitioners of social entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship in the Social Sector is about the opportunity and challenge of applying leadership skills and entrepreneurial talents creatively and appropriately to create social value. This book spans a range of social enterprise activity, using international examples from nonprofit-making to social purpose for-profits settings, with a primary focus on the social entrepreneurial process itself. This casebook is designed to develop knowledge and skills for creating, leading, or supporting social purpose organizations and to achieving maximum impact through social entrepreneurship.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Jane Wei-Skillern ... [et al.].
- 9781412951371 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1412951372 (cloth : alk. paper)