Applied nonparametric statistical methods
- Peter Sprent and Nigel C. Smeeton.
- 4th ed.
- Boca Raton, FL : Chapman & Hall/CRC, c2007.
- Physical description
- x, 530 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Texts in statistical science.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA278.8 .S74 2007||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 511-525) and index.
- PREFACE SOME BASIC CONCEPTS Basic Statistics Populations and Samples Hypothesis Testing Estimation Ethical Issues FUNDAMENTALS OF NONPARAMETRIC METHODS A Permutation Test Binomial Tests Order Statistics and Ranks Exploring Data Efficiency of Nonparametric Procedures Computers and Nonparametric Methods Further Reading LOCATION INFERENCE FOR SINGLE SAMPLES Layout of Examples Continuous Data Samples Inferences about Medians Based on Ranks The Sign Test Use of Alternative Scores Comparing Tests and Robustness Fields of Application Summary OTHER SINGLE-SAMPLE INFERENCES Other Data Characteristics Matching Samples to Distributions Inferences for Dichotomous Data Tests Related to the Sign Test A Runs Test for Randomness Angular Data Fields of Application Summary METHODS FOR PAIRED SAMPLES Comparisons in Pairs A Less Obvious Use of the Sign Test Power and Sample Size Fields of Application Summary METHODS FOR TWO INDEPENDENT SAMPLES Centrality Tests and Estimates The Median Test Normal Scores Tests for Equality of Variance Tests for a Common Distribution Power and Sample Size Fields of Application Summary BASIC TESTS FOR THREE OR MORE SAMPLES Comparisons with Parametric Methods Centrality Tests for Independent Samples The Friedman Quade and Page Tests Binary Responses Tests for Heterogeneity of Variance Some Miscellaneous Considerations Fields of Application Summary ANALYSIS OF STRUCTURED DATA Factorial Treatment Structures Balanced 2 A-- 2 Factorial Structures The Nature of Interactions Alternative Approaches to Interactions Cross-Over Experiments Specific and Multiple Comparison Tests Fields of Application Summary Exercises ANALYSIS OF SURVIVAL DATA Special Features of Survival Data Modified Wilcoxon Tests Savage Scores and the Log-Rank Transformation Median Tests for Sequential Data Choice of Tests Fields of Application Summary CORRELATION AND CONCORDANCE Correlation in Bivariate Data Ranked Data for Several Variables Agreement Fields of Application Summary BIVARIATE LINEAR REGRESSION Fitting Straight Lines Fields of Application Summary CATEGORICAL DATA Categories and Counts Nominal Attribute Categories Ordered Categorical Data Goodness-of-fit Tests for Discrete Data Extension of McNemar's Test Fields of application Summary ASSOCIATION IN CATEGORICAL DATA The Analysis of Association Some Models for Contingency Tables Combining and Partitioning of Tables A Legal Dilemma Power Fields of Application Summary ROBUST ESTIMATION When Assumptions Break Down Outliers and Influence The Bootstrap M-estimators and Other Robust Estimators Fields of Application Summary MODERN NONPARAMETRICS A Change in Emphasis Density Estimation Regression Logistic Regression Multivariate Data New Methods for Large Data Sets Correlations within Clusters Summary Exercises appear in each chapter. APPENDIX 1 APPENDIX 2 REFERENCES INDEX.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781584887010 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This clear, accessible fourth edition reflects the latest developments in computer-intensive methods that deal with intractable analytical problems and unwieldy data sets. It summarizes relevant general statistical concepts, introduces basic ideas of nonparametric or distribution-free methods, and features factorial treatment structures. This book also covers the analysis of survival data and the bootstrap method, and offers the student edition of "StatXact" at a discounted price.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781584887010 20160528
- Nonparametric statistics.
- Publication date
- Texts in statistical science
- 9781584887010 (alk. paper)
- 158488701X (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: