Optical nonlinearities in chalcogenide glasses and their applications
- A. Zakary, S.R. Elliott.
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2007.
- Physical description
- ix, 199 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Springer series in optical sciences ; v. 135.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -193) and index.
- Introduction to Chalcogenide Glasses.- Basic Concepts of Nonlinear Optics.- Experimental Techniques to Measure Nonlinear Optical Constants.- Measurement of Nonlinear Optical Constants.- Optical Nonlinearities in Chalcogenide Fibres.- Optical Switching in Chalcogenide Glasses.- Issues and Future Directions.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The present monograph addresses optical nonlinearities of chalcogenide glasses and their applications. Different techniques used to characterize non-linear optical constants of these glasses in form of bulk or thin films are discussed and properties of many chalcogenide systems are presented. Different applications of these glasses, such as ultra-fast switching, optical limiting, 2nd harmonic generation and electro-optic effects are discussed. Fabrication of rib as well as ridge waveguides and of fiber gratings is also presented and suitability of chalcogenide films for fabrication of all-optical integrated circuits is addressed.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Springer series in optical sciences, 0342-4111 ; 135
Browse related items
Start at call number: