Mesoscopic physics of electrons and photons
- Eric Akkermans, Gilles Montambaux.
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2007.
- Physical description
- xviii, 588 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|QC176.8 .M46 .A35 2007||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 561-581) and index.
- 1. Introduction: mesoscopic physics-- 2. Wave equations in random media-- 3. Perturbation theory-- 4. Probability of quantum diffusion-- 5. Properties of the diffusion equation-- 6. Dephasing-- 7. Electronic transport-- 8. Coherent backscattering of light-- 9. Diffusing wave spectroscopy-- 10. Spectral properties of disordered metals-- 11. Universal conductance fluctuations-- 12. Correlations of speckle patterns-- 13. Interactions and diffusion-- 14. Orbital magnetism and persistent currents-- 15. Formulary-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780521855129 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Quantum mesoscopic physics covers a whole class in interference effects related to the propagation of waves in complex and random media. These effects are ubiquitous in physics, from the behaviour of electrons in metals and semiconductors to the propagation of electromagnetic waves in suspensions such as colloids, and quantum systems like cold atomic gases. A solid introduction to quantum mesoscopic physics, this book is a modern account of the problem of coherent wave propagation in random media. It provides a unified account of the basic theoretical tools and methods, highlighting the common aspects of the various optical and electronic phenomena involved and presenting a large number of experimental results. With over 200 figures, and exercises throughout, the book is ideal for graduate students in physics, electrical engineering, applied physics, acoustics and astrophysics. It will also be an interesting reference for researchers in this rapidly evolving field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780521855129 20160528
- Publication date
- 9780521855129 (hbk.)
- 0521855128 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: