Foreign policy analysis : classic and contemporary theory
- Valerie M. Hudson.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Pub., c2007.
- Physical description
- vii, 225 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Hudson, Valerie M., 1958-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 195-216) and index.
- Levels of analysis
- The individual decisionmaker : the political psychology of world leaders
- Group decisionmaking : small group dynamics, organizational process, and bureaucratic politics
- Culture and national identity
- Domestic politics and opposition
- The levels of national attribute and international system : effects on foreign policy
- Theoretical integration in foreign policy analysis : promise and frustration
- The future of foreign policy analysis--and you.
"Foreign Policy Analysis Classic and Contemporary Theory" is the first textbook to gear foreign policy analysis theory toward advanced undergraduate and beginning graduate students. Beginning with an overview of this broad field of study, the book's subsequent chapters tackle theory and research at multiple levels of analysis, ending with examination of the areas in which the next generation of foreign policy analysts can make important contributions to the field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents only
- Publication date
- 9780742516885 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 0742516881 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780742516892 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 074251689X (pbk. : alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: