Asymptotic analysis and boundary layers
- Jean Cousteix, Jacques Mauss.
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2007.
- Physical description
- xvi, 432 p. ; 24 cm.
- Scientific computation.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -425) and indexes.
- Introduction to Singular Perturbation Problems.- Boundary Layer Structure.- Asymptotic Expansions.- Successive Complementary Expansion Method.- Ordinary Differential Equations.- High Reynolds Number Flows.- Interactive Boundary Layer.- Applications of Interactive Boundary Layer Models.- Regular Forms of the Interactive Boundary Layer.- Turbulent Boundary Layer.- Channel Flow.- Conclusion.- Appendices.- Solutions of Problems.- References.- Indexes.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book presents a new method of asymptotic analysis of boundary-layer problems, the Successive Complementary Expansion Method (SCEM). The first part is devoted to a general comprehensive presentation of the tools of asymptotic analysis. It gives the keys to understand a boundary-layer problem and explains the methods to construct an approximation. The second part is devoted to SCEM and its applications in fluid mechanics, including external and internal flows. The advantages of SCEM are discussed in comparison with the standard Method of Matched Asymptotic Expansions. In particular, for the first time, the theory of Interactive Boundary Layer is fully justified. With its chapter summaries, detailed derivations of results, discussed examples and fully worked out problems and solutions, the book is self-contained. It is written on a mathematical level accessible to graduate and post-graduate students of engineering and physics with a good knowledge in fluid mechanics. Researchers and practitioners will esteem it as a valuable monograph in their field of work. "Asymptotic Analysis and Boundary Layers" is an extended English edition of "Analyse asymptotique et couche limite" published in the "Springer" series "Mathematiques et Applications".
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Scientific computation, 1434-8322
- 3540464883 (hbk.)
- 9783540464884 (hbk.)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: