Haim Perl papers relating to Bene Berak, circa 1920-1945
- Physical description
- 1 linear foot (1 manuscript box and 1 flat box)
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|M1576 BOX 1||In-library use|
|M1576 FLAT BOX 2||In-library use|
- Perl, Haim, collector.
- Organization & arrangement
- Box 1: Haim Perl, incoming correspondence and financial material. Bene Berak institutions: Bene Brak Investment Company, Committee of Settlement Bney-Brak / Committee of Bnei-Brak, Cooperative Society Bene Brak, House and Landowner's Society, local council. Box 2 (oversize): Haim Perl, outgoing correspondence and legal files. Bene Berak newspapers, political flyers, handbills, and posters.
- Documents regarding land acquisition, financial affairs of the House and Landowners Society during Mr. Perl's presidency, political meetings, member lists, election platform drafts and several parties' campaign placards (probably from 1939), disassembly documents of "Bayit ve-Nachala" society (around 1945), some newspaper issues and brochures regarding Bene Berak affairs, invoices, receipts, share certificates, loan and mortgage papers, debt doumentations, financial contracts and rental agreements.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Open for research. Please submit requests for material at least 36 hours in advance of use.
- Purchased, June, 2007. Accession 2007-150
- Most of the documents relate to Haim Perl, one of the founders of Bene Berak, and the rest to his son, Eliezer Perl, who was the Council Secretary of Bene Berak in the 1940s. His great-grandson, the late journalist, Daniel Pearl, was a graduate of Stanford University.
- Bnei Brak was founded as an agricultural settlement in 1924 by Rabbi Yitzchok Gerstenkorn and a group of Polish Hasidim. Due to a lack of land many of its founders turned to other occupations and the village began to develop an urban character. It gained official recognition in 1950. In 2006 the city had a population of about 147,100 residents, the majority of whom are Haredi Jews. It now has the largest population density of any city in Israel, with 20,076 inhabitants per square kilometer.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: