Typographic design : form and communication
- Rob Carter, Ben Day, Philip Meggs.
- 4th ed.
- Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley & Sons, c2007.
- Physical description
- xi, 323 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
Art & Architecture Library (Bowes)
|Z246 .C217 2007||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 314-315) and index.
- Introduction. 1. The Evolution of Typography. 2. The Anatomy of Typography. 3. Syntax and Communication. 4. Legibility. 5. the Typographic Grid. 6. The Typographic Message. 7. Typographic Technology. 8. Case Studies in typographic Design. 9. Typographic design Education. 10. Typographic Design Process. 11. Type Specimens.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471783909 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- For more than two decades, this is the type book of choice for design professionals and students. Typographic design has been a field in constant motion since Gutenberg first invented movable type. Staying abreast of recent developments in the field is imperative for both design professionals and students. Thoroughly updated to maintain its relevancy in today's digital world, "Typographic Design: Form and Communication, Fourth Edition" continues to provide a comprehensive overview of every aspect of designing with type, now in full color. This Fourth Edition of the bestselling text in the field offers detailed coverage of such essential topics as the anatomy of letters and type families, visual communications and design aesthetics, and designing for legibility. Supplementing these essential topics are theoretical and structural problem-solving approaches by some of the leading design educators across the United States. Unwrapping the underlying concepts about typographic form and message, "Typographic Design, Fourth Edition" includes four pictorial timelines that illustrate the evolution of typography and writing within the context of world events - from the origins of writing more than 5,000 years ago to contemporary Web site and electronic page design. New features include: full-color treatment throughout; a new ancillary Web site containing resources for self-learners, students and professors; two new chapters: The Typographic Grid and Typographic Design Process; an updated design education section that includes recent examples of projects assigned by leading design educators; new case studies that showcase design for Web sites and animated typography projects; case studies detailing examples of visual identification systems, environmental graphics, book and magazine design, Web site design, type in motion, and wayfinding graphics; and updated coverage of digital type technology.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471783909 20160528
- Graphic design (Typography)
- Publication date
- 9780471783909 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- 0471783900 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: