WACK! : art and the feminist revolution
- organized by Cornelia Butler ; essays by Cornelia Butler ... [et al.] ; edited by Lisa Gabrielle Mark.
- Los Angeles : Museum of Contemporary Art ; Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, c2007.
- Physical description
- 511 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 27 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Art and feminism : an ideology of shifting criteria / Cornelia Butler
- Artist biographies
- Chronology through cartography : mapping 1970s feminist art globally / Marsha Meskimmon
- The woman who never was : self-representation, photography, and first-wave feminist art / Abigail Solomon-Godeau
- The returns of touch : feminist performances, 1960-80 / Peggy Phelan
- Hard targets : male bodies, feminist art, and the force of censorship in the 1970s / Richard Meyer
- Voices and images of Italian feminism / Judith Russi Kirshner
- Abundant evidence : Black women artists of the 1960s and 70s / Valerie Smith
- Fugitive identities and dissenting code-systems : women artists during the military dictatorship in Chile / Nelly Richard
- Painting with ambivalence / Helen Molesworth
- Their memory is playing tricks on her : notes toward a calligraphy of rage / Catherine Lord
- The feminist nomad : the all-women group show / Jenni Sorkin
- Selected chronology of all-women group exhibitions, 1943-83.
- Publication date
- "Accompanies the exhibition "WACK! Art and the feminist revolution," organized by Cornelia Butler and presented at the Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles, 4 March-16 July 2007"--T.p. verso.
- 0914357999 (alk. paper)
- 9780914357995 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: