Space weather : research towards applications in Europe
- edited by Jean Lilensten.
- Dordrecht, The Netherlands : Springer, c2007.
- Physical description
- xi, 330 p. : ill., maps, ; 25 cm.
- Astrophysics and space science library ; v. 344.
- Lilensten, Jean.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- This book shows the state of the art in Europe on a very new discipline, Space Weather. This discipline lies at the edge between science and industry. This book reflects such a position, with theoretic papers and applicative papers as well. It is divided into 5 chapters. Each chapter starts with a short introduction, which shows the coherence of a given domain. Then, 4 to 5 contributions written by the best specialists in Europe give detailed hints of a hot topic in space weather. From the reading of this book, it becomes evident that space weather is a living discipline, full of promises and already full of amazing realizations. The strength of Europe is clear through the book, but it is also clear that this discipline is world wide.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Astrophysics and space science library ; v. 344
- "This book presents Space Weather review papers given as invited presentations at the Second European Space Weather week which was held at the European Space Agency's ESTEC site in Noordwijk, The Netherlands, from 14th to 19th November, 2005."--Introduction.
- 9781402054457 (hard back)
- 1402054459 (hard back)
- 1402054467 (e-book)
- 9781402054464 (e-book)
Browse related items
Start at call number: