Resistance and control in Pakistan
- Akbar S. Ahmed ; foreword by Francis Robinson.
- Uniform Title
- Religion and politics in Muslim society
- London ; New York : Routledge, 1991.
- Physical description
- xxiii, 207 p. ; 22 cm.
- Ahmed, Akbar S.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part 1 Introduction: model and method-- Waziristan - land, lineage and culture-- history as an expression of agnatic rivalry.
- Part 2 Observation: strategy and conflict in Waziristan-- order, ideology, and morality in Waziristan-- economic development and reinforcement of ideology in Waziristan.
- Part 3 Participation: the anthropologist as political agent-- the political agent as anthropologist-- Islam and segmentary societies.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Drawing on his experience as an anthropologist and political agent in Waziristan, the author offers new insight into recent governmental and military upheaval in Pakistan.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Reprint/reissue date
- Original date
- Reprint. Originally published: Religion and politics in Muslin society. Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 1983.
Browse related items
Start at call number: