Wild man blues [sound recording]
- San Francisco, Calif. : San Francisco Traditional Jazz Foundation, p2001.
- Physical description
- 1 sound disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Classic San Francisco jazz series.
At the library
- Corporate Author
- Turk Murphy's Jazz Band. Performer
- Big fat ham / Morton (3:02)
- Sweet substitute / Morton (3:39)
- Bill Bailey / Cannon (2:49)
- Sister Kate (Armstrong-Williams) (3:05)
- Mandy / Berlin (2:47)
- Tom cat blues / Morton (3:10)
- Wild man blues / Morton (4:35)
- The hip shooting of Dan McGrew / SErvice-Buckley-Mills) (5:30)
- The hip Mahatma / Buckley (6:28)
- Swipesy cakewalk / Joplin-Marshall (2:53)
- Riverside blues / Dorsey (4:12)
- At a Georgia camp meeting / Mills (3:07)
- Ballin' the jack / Smith-Burris (2:47)
- Maple leaf rag / Joplin (3; 19)
- Skid-da-de-dat / Armstrong (3:38)
- Smokey mokes / Holzmann (3:22)
- Memphis blues / Handy (3:34)
- Climax rag / Scott (2:50)
- Satan's cakewalk / Unknown (3:01)
- Wedding cadewalk / Rose (3:37)
- Silver fox rag / Lodge (2:54)
- Alligator king / Murphy-Lucky (2:06)
- Penny candy man / Murphy-Lucky (1; 03).
- Release date
- Production date
- Classic San Francisco jazz series
- At head of title: The San Francisco Traditional Jazz Foundation presents."
- Compact disc.
- Program notes inserted in container.
- Turk Murphy Jazz Band (Turk Murphy, trombone, washboard, vocals (all tracks) ; Bob Helm, clarinet, vocals (tracks 1-21) Phil Howe, clarinet (tracks 22-23) ; Bob Short, cornet, tuba (tracks 1-7, 10-21) ; Leon Oakley, cornet (tracks 22-23) ; Jim Maihack, tuba (tracks 22-23) ; Wally Rose (tracks 1-7, 10-21), Pete Clute (tracks 8-9, 22-23), piano ; Dick Lammi (tracks 1-9), Al Lyon (tracks 10-21), banjo ; Bud Lucky, banjo, vocals (tracks 22-23) ; Larry Conger, trumpet (tracks 8-9) ; Al Conger, bass (tracks 8-9) ; Lord Buckley, vocals (tracks 8-9) ; Thad Vanden, drums (tracks 8-9) ; Bob Thompson, washboard (tracks 10-21).
- Recorded 1953 (tracks 1-7) ; Aug. 1958 (tracks 8-9) ; 1954 (tracks (10-21) ; 1971 (tracks 22-23) in San Francisco. All recordings are previously unissued.
- Publisher Number
- SFTJF CD 107 San Francisco Traditional Jazz Foundation
Browse related items
Start at call number: