Satchel of song [sound recording] : Clancy Hayes' private collection, 1939-1972
- San Francisco, Calif. : San Francisco Traditional Jazz Foundation, p2001.
- Physical description
- 1 sound disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Classic San Francisco jazz series.
At the library
- Hayes, Clancy Performer
- Bay City Boys (Musical group : San Francisco, Calif.) Performer
- Paper tapes (ca. 1946-1948). Alexander's ragtime band (Clancy Hayes, vocal & guitar) (1:18) ; George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Ulysses S., Robert E. Lee (Clancy Hayes, vocal & guitar) (2:14) ; Ten to one it's Tennessee (Clancy Hayes, vocal & piano) (3:24) ; Ten to one it's Tennessee (Clancy Hayes, vocal & drums with band) (3:20) ; Otto's new auto (Clancy Hayes, vocal & drums with band) (2:50)
- The Bay City Boys (Clancy Hayes, washboard & vocal ; Vince Dotson, cornet ; Ellis Horne, clarinet ; Bill Bardin, trombone ; Burt Bales, piano) (ca. mid-1940s). Kansas City stomps (3:08) ; Wolverine blues (2:37)
- Tune Termites Broadcasts (Glen Hurlburt, keyboard ; Clancy Hayes, vocals, narration & drums) (ca. 1939). It seems like a month of Sunday since I saw you Saturday night (3:37) ; I can't remember to forget (2:51) ; I just want to live (3:32) ; Ziz-zizzy zum zum zum (2:36) ; That's for me (2:33)
- Clancy Hayes solo intermissions at Earthquake McGoon's nightclub (San Francisco, mid-1960s). Huggin' and a chalkin' (2:06) ; Oceana roll (1:58) ; The storybook ball (2:59) ; Oh by jingo (1:41) ; Birth of the blues (2:31) ; Mobile (2:43)
- Some special moments with Clancy (Clancy Hayes, vocal, banjo & piano) (late 1960s-ca. 1971). Travelin' shoes (2:05) ; Sweet Sue (1:39) ; Rose of Washington Square (3:10) ; Hassan, one man caravan (2:38) ; Wilie the weeper (3:11) ; Clancy's piano rag (3:26) ; Clancy's last rag (2:48).
- Release date
- Production date
- Title Variation
- Clancy Hayes' private collection, 1939-1972
- Classic San Francisco jazz series
- Recordings by Clancy Hayes of himself and his friends and fellow musicians, including radio broadcasts and public and private performances.
- At head of title: The San Francisco Traditional Jazz Foundation presents."
- Compact disc.
- Program notes inserted in container.
- Clancy Hayes, vocal, guitar, banjo, drums solo and with various other musicians.
- Recorded in or around San Francisco, 1939-1972.
- Related Work
- Tune termites.
- Publisher Number
- SFTJF CD 108 San Francisco Traditional Jazz Foundation
Browse related items
Start at call number: