Environmentally conscious mechanical design
- edited by Myer Kutz.
- Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley & Sons, c2007.
- Physical description
- xiii, 394 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Wiley series in environmentally conscious engineering.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|TJ233 .E58 2007||Unknown|
- Kutz, Myer.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Contributors.Preface.1 Design for Environment (DfE): Strategies, Practices, Guidelines, Methods, and Tools (Daniel P. Fitzgerald, Jeffrey W. Herrmann, Peter A. Sandborn, Linda C. Schmidt, and Thornton H. Gogoll).2 Product Design for Sustainability: A New Assessment Methodology and Case Studies (I. H. Jaafar, A. Venkatachalam, K. Joshi, A. C. Ungureanu, N. De Silva, K. E. Rouch, O. W. Dillon Jr., and I. S. Jawahir).3 Life-cycle Design (Abigail Clarke and John K. Gershenson).4 Fundamentals and Applications of Reverse Engineering (Kemper E. Lewis, Michael Castellani, Timothy W. Simpson, Robert B. Stone, William, H. Wood, and William Regli).5 Design for Reliability (B.S. Dhillon).6 Design for Maintainability (O. Geoffrey Okogbaa, Professor Wilkistar Otieno).7 Reuse and Recycling Technologies (Hartmut Kaebernick, Sami Kara).8 Design for Remanufacturing Processes (Bert Bras).9 Materials Selection for Green Design (I. Sridhar).10 Employing Total Quality Management/Six Sigma Processes in Environmentally Conscious Design (Robert Alan Kemerling).Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471726364 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- The first volume of the "Wiley" series, "Environmentally Conscious Mechanical Design" focuses on the foundations of environmental design - both understanding it and implementing it. The coverage includes the important technical and analytical techniques and best practices of designing industrial, business, and consumer products that are environmentally friendly and meet environmental regulations. It includes topics such as: optiizing designs; design for environment (DFE) practices, guidelines, methods and tools; life cycle assessment and design; reverse engineering; ISO 14000 and environmental management systems (EMS) standards and others.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471726364 20160528
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents only
- Publication date
- Wiley series in environmentally conscious engineering
- 9780471726364 (cloth)
- 0471726362 (cloth)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: