Cambridge grammar of English : a comprehensive guide : spoken and written English grammar and usage
- Ronald Carter, Michael McCarthy.
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2006.
- Physical description
- x, 973 p. : ill. ; 25 cm. + 1 CD-ROM ; 4 3/4 in.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 931-935) and index.
- Publisher's summary
A major new reference grammar offering the most comprehensive and up-to-date coverage of spoken and written English based on real everyday usage. A major reference grammar from the world's leading grammar publisher. It offers clear explanations of spoken and written English based on real everyday usage. The clear two-part structure makes the book particularly user-friendly. The accompanying CD-ROM makes the Cambridge Grammar of English even more accessible with: * The whole book in handy, searchable format. * Audio recordings of all the examples from the book. * Links to the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary online for instant definitions of new vocabulary.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
Table of contents only
- Publication date
- System requirements: Intel Pentium processor, 3000MHz; 200MB of hard disk space; 128MB RAM; Windows 98, ME, NT4, 2000 or XP; IE 5.01 or later; sound card/speakers for listening.
- Green Library copy 1: lacks CD-Rom and User's guide.
- 9780521857673 (hbk. and CD-ROM)
- 0521857678 (hbk. and CD-ROM)
- 9780521674393 (pbk. and CD-ROM)
- 0521674395 (pbk. and CD-ROM)
- 0521581664 (cased)
- 9780521581660 (cased)
- 0521588464 (pbk.)
- 9780521588461 (pbk.)
- 0521588456 (network CD-ROM)
- 9780521588454 (network CD-ROM)
Browse related items
Start at call number: