Adam Bede [videorecording]
- screenplay by Maggie Wadey ; producer, Peter Goodchild ; director, Giles Foster ; a BBC-TV production in association with WGBH/Boston.
- English. Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- [England] : BBC Video ; Burbank, CA : Distributed by Warner Home Video, c2007.
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (ca. 102 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Goodchild, Peter, 1947-
- Foster, Giles.
- Wadey, Maggie.
- Glen, Iain, 1961-
- Kensit, Patsy.
- Harker, Susannah.
- Wilby, James.
- McKenzie, Julia.
- Stephens, Robert, 1931-1995.
- Marsh, Jean.
- Jones, Freddie, 1927-2019
- British Broadcasting Corporation. Television Service.
- WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.)
- BBC Video (Firm)
- Warner Home Video (Firm)
- Adam Bede, an honest, hard-working carpenter, has his heart set on marrying his sweetheart, pretty dairymaid Hetty Sorrel. Hetty wants nothing to do with her boring life on the farm and she allows herself to be seduced by the heir to a local estate. She finds herself abandoned and pregnant from her ill-fated dalliance.
- Release date
- Production date
- Title Variation
- George Eliot's Adam Bede
- A foreign film (Great Britain).
- Originally produced in 1991.
- Originally shown on Masterpiece Theatre.
- Source: Based on the novel by George Eliot.
- Production Credits
- Assistant producer, Stephen Jeffrey-Poulter; production associate, Alison Gilby; finance assistant, Daphne Spink; 1st assistant, Mervyn Gill-Dougherty; unit manager, Alan Charlesworth; continuity, Charlotte Blair; 2nd assistants, Todd Austin, John Spencer; designer, Paul Joel; design assistant, Pia Graham; properties buyer, Dave Morris; costume designer, Sheena Napier; costume assistant, Sarah Burns; make-up designer, Dawn Alcock; make-up assistant, Vicky Voller; lighting cameraman, Rex Maidment; focus puller, Keith Broome; grips, John Rake; gaffer, Dickie Wood; sound recordist, Barry Tharby; sound assistant, Simon Dart; production ops. supervisor, John Richardson; P.S.M., Sue Lockerby; film editor, Dick Allen; artists contracts, Brian Batchelor; casting adviser, Sue Whatmough; music, Richard Hartley.
- Iain Glen, Patsy Kensit, Susannah Harker, James Wilby, Julia McKenzie, Robert Stephens, Jean Marsh, Freddie Jones, Michael Percival, Edward Jewesbury, Brian Osborne, Paul Brooke, Tacita Haffenden, Chase Marks, William Holmes, Alan Cox, Michael Robbins, Jonathan Coy, Angus Barnett, Johnny Van Derrick, Roy Evans, Jack Milner, Jennie Heslewood, Bill Moody, Patsy Byrne, James Greene, George Innes.
- DVD (NTSC, region 1); Dolby digital stereo.
- Green Library copy 1: set container title: The George Eliot collection.
- Related Work
- Eliot, George, 1819-1880. Adam Bede.
- 1419848798 (set)
- 9781419848797 (set)
- Publisher Number
- E2881 BBC
- E2899 BBC (set)
Browse related items
Start at call number: