Reinventing public service delivery in India : selected case studies
- edited by Vikram K. Chand.
- Washington, DC : World Bank ; New Delhi ; Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Sage Publications, 2006.
- Physical description
- 404 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Chand, Vikram K., 1959-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Institutional Innovations in Public Service Delivery in India - Vikram K Chand Cases and Lessons Promoting Competition in India's Telecom Sector - Rahul Mukherji Electronic Delivery of Citizen Services - Subhash Bhatnagar Andhra Pradesh's E-Seva Model Re-Inventing Service Delivery in an Indian State - Jonathan Caseley Reform at the Department of Registration and Stamps in Maharashtra Making Service Delivery Reforms Work - Suresh Balakrishnan The Bangalore Experience Rogi Kalyan Samitis - Rajeev Sadanandan and N Shivkumar A Case Study on Hospital Reforms from Madhya Pradesh, India Rajasthan's Experience in Improving Service Delivery in Education - Prema Clarke and Jyotsna Jha The Political Economy of the Public Distribution System in Tamil Nadu - A K Venkatsubramaniam Human Development in Tamil Nadu and Karnataka - Sangeeta Goyal A Comparison Anti-Corruption in India - Vikram Menon Issues and Strategies Electoral Finance Reform - E Sridharan The Relevance of International Experience.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780761934899 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume focuses on sucessful cases of innovative change in public service delivery and offers comment on initatives to continue change and further develop best practice.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780761934899 20160528
- Supplemental links
Table of contents
- Publication date
- 9780761934899 (hardback)
- 0761934898 (hardback)
- 9788178296395 (India-hardback)
- 817829639X (India-hardback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: