In defense of animals : the second wave
- Malden, Mass. : Blackwell Pub., 2006.
- Physical description
- x, 248 p. ; 23 cm.
- Singer, Peter, 1946-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 228-232) and index.
- Introduction / Peter Singer
- Utilitarianism and animals / Gaverick Matheny
- The scientific basis for assessing suffering in animals / Marian Stamp Dawkins
- On the question of personhood beyond Homo sapiens / David DeGrazia
- The animal debate : a reexamination / Paola Cavalieri
- Religion and animals / Paul Waldau
- Speciesism in the laboratory / Richard D. Ryder
- Brave new farm? / Jim Mason and Mary Finelli
- Outlawed in Europe / Clare Druce and Philip Lymbery
- Against zoos / Dale Jamieson
- To eat the laughing animal / Dale Peterson
- How Austria achieved a historic breakthrough for animals / Martin Balluch
- Butchers' knives into pruning hooks : civil disobedience for animals / Pelle Strindlund
- Opening cages, opening eyes : an investigation and open rescue at an egg factory farm / Miyun Park
- Living and working in defense of animals / Matt Ball
- Effective advocacy : stealing from the corporate playbook / Bruce Friedrich
- Moving the media : from foes, or indifferent strangers, to friends / Karen Dawn
- The CEO as animal activist : John Mackey and Whole Foods / John Mackey, Karen Dawn, and Lauren Ornelas
- Ten points for activists / Henry Spira and Peter Singer
- A final word / Peter Singer.
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Publication date
- edited by Peter Singer.
- 9781405119405 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1405119403 (hard cover : alk. paper)
- 1405119411 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781405119412 (hard cover : alk. paper)