Second handbook of research on mathematics teaching and learning : a project of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- Charlotte, NC : Information Age Pub., c2007.
- Physical description
- 2 v. (xiv, 1324, I-41 p.) : ill. ; 28 cm.
QA11 .S365 2007 V.1
QA11 .S365 2007 V.2
- In-library use QA11 .S365 2007 V.1
- Library has: v.1-
- Library has: v.1-
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Preface; Acknowledgements; Part I: Foundations; Putting Philosophy to Work: Coping With Multiple Theoretical Perspectives, Paul Cobb, Vanderbilt University; Theory in Mathematics Education Scholarship, Edward A. Silver & Patricio G. Herbst, University of Michigan; Method, Alan H. Schoenfeld, University of California, Berkeley; Part II: Teachers and Teaching; Assessing Teachers' Mathematical Knowledge: What Knowledge Matters and What Evidence Counts? Heather C. Hill, Laurie Sleep, Jennifer M. Lewis, & Deborah Loewenberg Ball, University of Michigan; The Mathematical Education and Development of Teachers, Judith T. Sowder, San Diego State University; Understanding Teaching and Classroom Practice in Mathematics, Megan Loef Franke, University of California, Los Angeles, Elham Kazemi, University of Washington, Daniel Battey, Arizona State University; Mathematics Teachers' Beliefs and Affect, Randolph A. Philipp, San Diego State University; Part III: Infl uences on Student Outcomes; How Curriculum Infl uences Student Learning, Mary Kay Stein, University of Pittsburgh, Janine Remillard, University of Pennsylvania, and Margaret Smith, University of Pittsburgh; The Effects of Classroom Mathematics Teaching on Students' Learning, James S. Hiebert, University of Delaware and Douglas A. Grouws, University of Missouri; Culture, Race, Power, and Mathematics Education, Diversity in Mathematics Education Center for Learning and Teaching; The Role of Culture in Teaching and Learning Mathematics, Norma G. Presmeg, Illinois State University; Part IV: Students and Learning; Early Childhood Mathematics Learning, Douglas H., Clements & Julie Sarama, University at Buffalo, State University of New York; Whole Number Concepts and Operations, Lieven Verschaffel, University of Leuven, Brian Greer, Portland State University and Erik DeCorte, University of Leuven; Rational Numbers and Proportional Reasoning: Toward a Theoretical Framework for Research, Susan J. Lamon, Marquette University; Early Algebra, David W. Carraher, TERC and Analucia D. Schliemann, Tufts University; Learning and Teaching of Algebra at the Middle School through College Levels: Building Meaning for Symbols and Their Manipulation, Carolyn Kieran, Universite du Quebec a Montreal; Problem Solving and Modeling, Richard Lesh, Indiana University and Judith Zawejewski, Illinois Institute of Technology; Toward Comprehensive Perspectives on the Learning and Teaching of Proof, Guershon Harel, University of California, San Diego and Larry Sowder, San Diego State University; The Development of Geometric and Spatial Thinking, Michael T. Battista, Michigan State University; Research in Probability: Responding to Classroom Realities, Graham A. Jones, Griffi th University, Gold Coast Campus, Cynthia W. Langrall, and Edward S. Mooney, Illinois State University; Research on Statistics Learning and Reasoning, J. Michael Shaughnessy, Portland State University; Mathematics Thinking and Learning at Post-secondary Level, Mich
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents only
- Publication date
- Frank K. Lester, Jr., editor.
- Related Work
- Handbook of research on mathematics teaching and learning.
- 9781593111762 (pbk. ; set)
- 1593111762 (pbk. ; set)
- 9781593111779 (hardcover ; set)
- 1593111770 (hardcover ; set)
- 9781593115869 (pbk. ; v. 1)
- 1593115865 (pbk. ; v. 1)
- 9781593115876 (hardcover ; v. 1)
- 1593115873 (hardcover ; v. 1)
- 9781593115883 (pbk. ; v. 2)
- 1593115881 (pbk. ; v. 2)
- 9781593115890 (hardcover ; v. 2)
- 159311589X (hardcover ; v. 2)