The handbook of international school psychology
- editors, Shane R. Jimerson, Thomas D. Oakland, Peter T. Farrell.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Sage Publications, c2007.
- Physical description
- ix, 553 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1027.55 .H357 2007||In-library use|
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Introduction to The Handbook of International School Psychology - Shane R. Jimerson, Thomas D. Oakland, and Peter T. Farrell
- Section I. Country Chapters School Psychology in Albania - Gladiola Musabelliu School Psychology in Australia - Michael Faulkner School Psychology in Brazil - Raquel S. L. Guzzo, Albertina Mitjans Martinez, and Herculano Campos School Psychology in Canada - Donald H. Saklofske, Vicki L. Schwean, Gina L. Harrison, and Juanita Mureika School Psychology in China - Hongwu Zhou School Psychology in Cyprus - Ernestina Papacosta School Psychology in Denmark - Anders Poulsen Educational Psychology in England and Wales - Garry Squires and Peter T. Farrell School Psychology in Estonia - Eve Kikas School Psychology in Finland - Pirjo Laaksonen, Kristiina Laitinen, and Minna Salmi School Psychology in France - Jean-Claude Guillemard School Psychology in Germany - Lothar Dunkel School Psychology in Greece - Chryse Hatzichristou, Fotini Polychroni, and Georgios Georgouleas School Psychology in Hong Kong - Shui-fong Lam School Psychology in Hungary - Nora Katona School Psychology in India - Vijaya Dutt School Psychology in Ireland - Peadar P. Crowley School Psychology in Israel - Bernie Stein The Service of School Psychology in Italy - Julia Coyne and Carlo Trombetta School Psychology in Jamaica - Orlean Brown-Earle School Psychology in Japan - Toshinori Ishikuma, Yoshinori Shinohara, and Taketo Nakao School Psychology in Lithuania - Grazina Gintiliene School Psychology in Malta - Paul A. Bartolo and Victor Martinelli Psychologists in Education in the Netherlands - Helen Bakker and Frida van Doorn Educational Psychology in New Zealand - Terence Edwards, Jean Annan, and Ken Ryba School Psychology in Nigeria - Andrew A. Mogaji School Psychology in Norway - Roald Anthun and Terje Manger School Psychology in Pakistan - Shahid Waheed Qamar School of Psychology in Peru - Cesar Merino Soto, Maritza Diaz Casapia, Luis Zapata Ponce, and Luis Benites Morales School Psychology in Puerto Rico - Frances Boulon-Diaz and Irma Roca de Torres School Psychology in Romania - Margareta Dinca, Irina Holdevici, Luminita Monica Vlad, and Aurora Frunza Psychology in Education in the Russian Federation - Sergei B. Malykh, Daria A. Kutuzova, and Svetlana V. Alyokhina Professional Educational Psychology in Scotland - Keith J. Topping, Elaine Smith, Wilma Barrow, Elizabeth Hannah, and Claire Kerr School Psychology in Slovak Republic - Eva Gajdosova and Gabriela Herenyiova School Psychology in South Africa - Berenice Daniels, Lynette Collair, Nadeen Moolla, and Sandy Lazarus School Psychology in South Korea - Hyunhee Chung and Hyeonsook Shin School Psychology in Spain - Jose Carlos Nunez and Julio Antonio Gonzalez-Pienda School Psychology in Switzerland - Lukas Scherer, Heinz Bosch, and Paul Zeberli Psychological Services in the Schools in Turkey - Nevin Dolek and Z. Hande Sart School Psychology in the United Arab Emirates - Mohammad Adnan Alghorani School Psychology in the United States - Shane R. Jimerson and Thomas D. Oakland School Psychology in Venezuela - Carmen Leon, Silvana Campagnaro, and Milena Matos School Psychology in Zimbabwe - Elias Mpofu, Magen M. Mutepfa, Regis Chireshe, and Joseph M. Kasayira
- Section II. Synthesis Chapters School Psychology Internationally - Thomas D. Oakland and Shane R. Jimerson Centripetal and Centrifugal Trends Influencing School Psychology's International Development - Jacqueline L. Cunningham The International School Psychological Association: Its Formation, Accomplishments, and Future Missions - Thomas D. Oakland The International School Psychology Survey: Insights From School Psychologists Around the World - Shane R. Jimerson, Kelly Graydon, Michael Curtis, and Rene Staskal Summary and Synthesis of International School Psychology - Peter T. Farrell, Shane R. Jimerson, and Thomas D. Oakland.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
The Handbook of International School Psychology provides a description of the specialty of psychology devoted to the provision of services to children and youth, their teachers, and parents around the world. Authors from more than 40 countries provide valuable information and insights regarding the following areas: the context of school psychology; the origin, history, and current status of school psychology; the infrastructure of school psychology; the preparation of school psychologists; the roles, functions, and responsibilities of school psychologists; current issues impacting school psychology; and important references. The chapters in this Handbook characterize the specialty of school psychology as one that collectively provides individual assessment of children who may display cognitive, emotional, social, or behavioral difficulties; develops and implements primary and secondary intervention programs; consults with teachers, parents and other relevant professionals; engages in program development and evaluation; conducts research; and helps prepare and supervise others. The Handbook also includes a section consisting of chapters that review the key considerations of school psychology internationally and trends influencing school psychology's international development, including: chapters that discuss the past, present, and future of the International School Psychology Association (ISPA); findings from the International School Psychology Survey that examine characteristics and responsibilities of school psychologists, and a summary and synthesis of the information in the Handbook. This is an ideal resource for scholars, practitioners, and graduate students interested in acquiring an international view of school psychology along with psychology, education- including special education, and mental health.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
Table of contents only
- Publication date
- 9781412926690 (cloth : acid-free paper)
- 1412926696 (cloth : acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: