The ACS style guide : effective communication of scientific information
- 3rd ed. / Anne M. Coghill, Lorrin R. Garson, editors.
- Washington, DC : American Chemical Society ; Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2006.
- Physical description
- xiv, 430 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
On reserve: Ask at circulation desk
|QD8.5 .A25 2006||2-hour loan|
|QD8.5 .A25 2006||2-hour loan|
Earth Sciences Library (Branner)
|QD8.5 .A25 2006||Unknown|
|(no call number)||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 385-388) and index.
- Chapter-- Number Chapter-- Title-- Preface-- 1. Ethics in Scientific Publication-- Appendix 1-1 Ethical Guidelines to Publication of Chemical Research-- 2. Scientific Papers-- 3. The Editorial Process-- 4. Writing Style and Word Usage-- 5. Electronic Submission of Manuscripts Using Web-Based Systems-- 6. Peer Review-- 7. Copyright Basics-- 8. Markup Languages and the Datument-- Appendix 8-1 The IUPAC International Chemical Identifier, InChI-- 9. Grammar, Punctuation, and Spelling-- 10. Editorial Style-- 11. Numbers, Mathematics, and Units of Measure-- 12. Names and Numbers for Chemical Compounds-- Appendix 12-1 End-of-Line Hyphenation of Chemical Names-- Appendix 12-2 Representation of Combinatorial Chemistry-- 13. Conventions in Chemistry-- Appendix 13-1 Symbols for Commonly Used Physical Quantities-- Appendix 13-2 The Crystallographic Information File-- 14. References-- 15. Figures-- 16. Tables-- 17. Chemical Structures-- 18. Bibliography-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780841239999 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- In the time since the second edition of The ACS Style Guide was published, the rapid growth of electronic communication has dramatically changed the scientific, technical, and medical (STM) publication world. This dynamic mode of dissemination is enabling scientists, engineers, and medical practitioners all over the world to obtain and transmit information quickly and easily. An essential constant in this changing environment is the requirement that information remain accurate, clear, unambiguous, and ethically sound. This extensive revision of The ACS Style Guide thoroughly examines electronic tools now available to assist STM writers in preparing manuscripts and communicating with publishers. Valuable updates include discussions of markup languages, citation of electronic sources, online submission of manuscripts, and preparation of figures, tables, and structures. In keeping current with the changing environment, this edition also contains references to many resources on the internet.With this wealth of new information, The ACS Style Guide's Third Edition continues its long tradition of providing invaluable insight on ethics in scientific communication, the editorial process, copyright, conventions in chemistry, grammar, punctuation, spelling, and writing style for any STM author, reviewer, or editor. The Third Edition is the definitive source for all information needed to write, review, submit, and edit scholarly and scientific manuscripts.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780841239999 20160528
- Publication date
- 0841239991 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780841239999 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 0841274002 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780841274006 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: