- screenplay by Phoebe and Henry Ephron ; produced by Henry Ephron ; directed by Henry King.
- English, Spanish, French. Disc 1 ('Carousel'): In English or dubbed Spanish, with English or Spanish subtitles., Disc 2 ("Liliom"): In French, with English or Spanish subtitles., Closed-captioned.
- 50th anniversary ed.
- Beverly Hills, Calif. : 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, c2006.
- Physical description
- 2 videodiscs (ca. 129 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- King, Henry, 1886-1982.
- MacRae, Gordon.
- Jones, Shirley, 1934 March 31-
- Mitchell, Cameron, 1918-1994.
- Ruick, Barbara.
- Turner, Claramae, 1920-2013
- Rounseville, Robert.
- Lockhart, Gene, 1891-1957.
- Ephron, Phoebe, 1914-1971.
- Ephron, Henry, 1912-1992.
- Rodgers, Richard, 1902-1979.
- Hammerstein, Oscar, II, 1895-1960
- Lang, Fritz, 1890-1976.
- Ozeray, Madeleine.
- Boyer, Charles, 1899-1978.
- Florelle, 1898-1974.
- Arnoux, Robert, 1954-
- Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation.
- Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc.
- A carnival barker would come back from the dead for the woman he loves.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Title appears in credits as: Twentieth Century-Fox presents Rodgers and Hammerstein's Carousel
- Rodgers and Hammerstein's Carousel
- From their musical play based on Ferenc Molnar's "Liliom," as adapted by Benjamin F. Glazer.
- DVD release of the 1956 motion picture.
- Special features: Disc 1: audio commentary by Shirley Jones and Nick Redman; exclusive isolated musical score; songs-only option; singalong karaoke subtitles (English) ; Disc 2: bonus film: 1934 classic "Liliom" (116 min., b&w; directed by Fritz Lang; starring Charles Boyer, Madeleine Ozeray, Robert Arnoux, Florelle); "Turns on the 'Carousel'" featurette; vintage stage excerpt: The "If I loved you" extended sequence with original Broadway stars Jan Clayton and John Raitt; stills and audio from deleted numbers: "You're a queer one, Julie Jordan," performed by Barbara Ruick and Shirley Jones, "Blow high, blow low" performed by Cameron Mitchell and chorus; Fox Movietone News: "'Carousel' opens at New York and Hollywood in CinemaScope 55"; behind-the-scenes still photo gallery; original theatrical trailer.
- Production Credits
- Director of photography, Charles G. Clarke; editor, William Reynolds; music, Richard Rodgers; book and lyrics, Oscar Hammerstein II.
- Gordon MacRae, Shirley Jones, Cameron Mitchell, Barbara Ruick, Claramae Turner, Robert Rounseville, Gene Lockhart.
- Not rated.
- DVD; region 1; (disc 1) anamorphic widescreen (2.55:1, letterbox) presentation; disc 2) full screen (1.33:1) presentation; (disc 1) English Dolby Digital 5.0 surround or Dolby Digital stereo., Spanish Dolby Digital mono., dual layer, NTSC ; (Disc 2) Dolby Digital mono., dual layer, NTSC.
- Green Library copy 1: set container title: The Rodgers & Hammerstein collection.
- Related Work
- Molnár, Ferenc, 1878-1952. Liliom.
- Included Work
- Publisher Number
- 2238147 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
Browse related items
Start at call number: