Basics of interferometry
- P. Hariharan.
- 2nd ed.
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier Academic Press, c2007.
- Physical description
- xxi, 226 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|QC411 .H35 2007||Unknown|
- Hariharan, P.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Chapter 1: Introduction Chapter 2: Interference: A Primer Chapter 3: Two-Beam Interferometers Chapter 4: Source-Size and Spectral Effects Chapter 5: Multiple-Beam Interference Chapter 6: The Laser as a Light Source Chapter 7: Photodetectors Chapter 8: Measurements of Length Chapter 9: Optical Testing Chapter 10: Digital Techniques Chapter 11: Macro- and Micro-Interferometry Chapter 12: White-Light Interference Microscopy Chapter 13: Holographic and Speckle Interferometry Chapter 14: Interferometric Sensors Chapter 15: Interference Spectroscopy Chapter 16: Fourier-Transform Spectroscopy Chapter 17: Interference with Single Photons Chapter 18: Building an Interferometer Appendix A: Monochromatic Light Waves Appendix B: Phase Shifts on Reflections Appendix C: Diffraction Appendix D: Polarized Light Appendix E: The Pancharatnam Phase Appendix F: The Twyman-Green Interferometer: Initial Adjustment Appendix G: The Mach-Zehnder Interferometer: Initial Adjustment.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780123735898 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Optical interferometry is used in communications, medical imaging, astronomy, and structural measurement. With the use of an interferometer engineers and scientists are able to complete surface inspections of micromachined surfaces and semiconductors. Medical technicians are able to give more concise diagnoses with the employ of interferometers in microscopy, spectroscopy, and coherent tomography. Originating from a one-day course, this material was expanded to serve as an introduction to the topic for engineers and scientists that have little optical knowledge but a need for more in their daily work lives. The need for interferometry knowledge has crossed the boundaries of engineering fields and Dr. Hariharan has written a book that answers the questions that new practitioners to interferometry have and haven't even thought of yet. This new edition includes complete updates of all material with an emphasis on applications. It also has new chapters on white-light microscopy and interference with single photons (quantum optics). It is an outstanding introduction to the world of optical interferometry with summaries at the beginning and end of each chapter, along with several appendices with essential information, and worked numerical problems. It includes practical details that enrich understanding for readers new to this material.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780123735898 20160528
- Publication date
- 0123735890 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 9780123735898 (hardcover : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: