César : sí, se puede! yes, we can!
- Carmen T. Bernier-Grand ; illustrated by David Diaz.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Marshall Cavendish, c2004.
- Physical description
- 48 p. : col. ill. ; 29 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|PS3602 .E7624 C47 2004||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Who could tell?
- Dad: Librado Chávez
- Mom: Juana Estrada
- Happy moments
- The depression
- Papá Chayo's Rancho
- On the move
- Green gold
- I am a clown
- Prayer of the farm workers' struggle
- Pachuco days
- Vírgen de Guadalupe
- Crooked lines
- Learning what was inside of him
- Don't mourn--organize!
- Si, Se Puede! yes, we can!
- More time than life.
- Stylized illustrations by a Caldecott Medalist accompany lyrical prose and poems in this celebration of the life of Cesar Chavez. This thoughtful and beautiful biography illuminates not only the events that made up the great labor leader's life, but also the ideals and inspiration that are his legacy.
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Chavez, Cesar, 1927-1993 > Juvenile poetry.
- Chavez, Cesar, 1927- > Poetry.
- Mexican American migrant agricultural laborers > Juvenile poetry.
- Migrant agricultural laborers > Juvenile poetry.
- Mexican Americans > Juvenile poetry.
- Labor leaders > Juvenile poetry.
- Children's poetry, American.
- Labor leaders > Poetry.
- Mexican Americans > Poetry.
- Migrant labor > Poetry.
- American poetry.
- Local subject
- Pura Belpré Honor Books, 2006
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: