Basic electromagnetism and materials
- André Moliton.
- New York : Springer, c2007.
- Physical description
- xix, 430 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Moliton, André.
- Introduction To The Fundamental Equations Of Electrostatics and Magnetostatics in a Vacuum and in Conductors.- Electrostatics of Dielectric Materials.- Magnetic Properties of Material.- Dielectric and Magnetic Materials.- Oscillating Systems and Maxwell's Equations.- General Properties of Electromagnetic Waves and their Propagation through A Vacuum.- Electromagnetic Field Sources, and Dipolar Radiation and Antenna.- Electromagnetic Waves in Absorbent and Dispersing Materials and the Poynting Vector.- Waves In Plasmas and Dielectric, Metallic and Magnetic Materials.- Reflection and Refraction of Electromagnetic Waves in Absorbent Materials of Finite Dimensions.- Total Reflection and Guided Propagation of Electromagnetic Waves in Materials of Finite Dimensions.- Interactions Between Materials and Electromagnetic Waves, and Diffusion and Absorption Processes.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780387302843 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- "Basic Electromagnetism and Materials" is the product of many years of teaching basic and applied electromagnetism. This textbook can be used to teach electromagnetism to a wide range of undergraduate science majors in physics, electrical engineering or materials science. However, by making lesser demands on mathematical knowledge than competing texts, and by emphasizing electromagnetic properties of materials and their applications, this textbook is particularly appropriate for students of materials science. Many competing texts focus on the study of propagation waves either in the microwave or optical domain, whereas "Basic Electromagnetism and Materials" covers the entire electromagnetic domain and the physical response of materials to these waves.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780387302843 20160528
- Publication date
- "Foreword by Arthur J. Epstein"--Cover.
- Includes index.
Browse related items
Start at call number: