Introduction to non-Kerr law optical solitons
- Anjan Biswas, Swapan Konar.
- Boca Raton, FL : Chapman & Hall/CRC, c2007.
- Physical description
- 198 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Chapman & Hall/CRC applied mathematics and nonlinear science series.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 175-194) and index.
- INTRODUCTION History Optical Waveguides THE NONLINEAR SCHRA-DINGER EQUATION Introduction Traveling Waves Integrals of Motion Parameter Evolution Quasi-Stationary Solution KERR LAW NONLINEARITY Introduction Traveling Wave Solution Inverse Scattering Transform Integrals of Motion Variational Principle Quasi-Stationary Solution Lie Transform POWER LAW NONLINEARITY Introduction Traveling Wave Solution Integrals of Motion Quasi-Stationary Solution PARABOLIC LAW NONLINEARITY Introduction Traveling Wave Solution Integrals of Motion Quasi-Stationary Solution DUAL-POWER LAW NONLINEARITY Introduction Traveling Wave Solution Integrals of Motion Quasi-Stationary Solution SATURABLE LAW NONLINEARITY Introduction The NLSE Bistable Solitons Arbitrary Pulse Propagation SOLITON-SOLITON INTERACTION Introduction Mathematical Formulation Quasi-Particle Theory STOCHASTIC PERTURBATION Introduction Kerr Law Power Law Parabolic Law Dual-Power Law OPTICAL COUPLERS Introduction Twin-Core Couplers Multiple-Core Couplers Magneto-Optic Waveguides OPTICAL BULLETS Introduction 1 + 3 Dimensions EPILOGUE HINTS AND SOLUTIONS BIBLIOGRAPHY INDEX.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781584886389 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Despite remarkable developments in the field, a detailed treatment of non-Kerr law media has not been published. "Introduction to Non-Kerr Law Optical Solitons" is the first book devoted exclusively to optical soliton propagation in media that possesses non-Kerr law nonlinearities. After an introduction to the basic features of fiber-optic communications, the book outlines the nonlinear Schrodinger equation (NLSE), conserved quantities, and adiabatic dynamics of soliton parameters. It then derives the NLSE for Kerr law nonlinearity from basic principles, the inverse scattering transform, and the 1-soliton solution.The book also explains the variational principle and Lie transform. In each case of non-Kerr law solitons, the authors develop soliton dynamics, evaluated integrals of motion, and adiabatic dynamics of soliton parameters based on multiple-scale perturbation theory. The book explores intra-channel collision of optical solitons in both Hamiltonian and non-Hamiltonian type perturbations. In addition, it examines the stochastic perturbation of optical solitons, the corresponding Langevin equations, and optical couplers, followed by an introduction to optical bullets. Establishing a basis in an important yet insufficiently documented subject, "Introduction to Non-Kerr Law Optical Solitons" will help fuel advances in optical communication systems.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781584886389 20160528
- Publication date
- Chapman & Hall/CRC applied mathematics and nonlinear science series
- 1584886382 (alk. paper)
- 9781584886389 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: