The law & practice of diligence
- G. Maher, Douglas J. Cusine.
- Edinburgh, Scotland : Butterworths, Law Society of Scotland, 1990.
- Physical description
- xliv, 428 p. ; 26 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- "Basis of diligence. Extension of time to pay debts. Diligence in security. Non-earnings arrestment. Arrestment of earnings. Poinding and sale. Miscellaneous diligence. Diligence against heritable property. Competition of diligences. Enforcement of foreign judgments. Wrongful diligence. Expenses and legal aid. Administration of officers of court.".
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
"(A BUTTERWORTHS/LAW SOCIETY OF SCOTLAND JOINT PUBLICATION) This is a comprehensive treatment of the current law of diligence. The chief features of the Debtors (Scotland) Act 1987 and the subordinate legislation made thereunder are fully covered in the text as are those features of the law of diligence regulated by other statutory provisions and by common law. The emphasis of the book is at a practical level, making it an essential work of reference for all practitioners.".
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: