Biological inorganic chemistry : structure and reactivity
- edited by Ivano Bertini ... [et al.].
- Sausalito, Calif. : University Science Books, c2007.
- Physical description
- xxv, 739 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
Biology Library (Falconer)
|QP531 .B547 2007||Unknown|
- Bertini, Ivano.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 727-728) and index.
- Introduction and Text Overview - PART A: OVERVIEWS OF BIOLOGICAL INORGANIC CHEMISTRY - Bioinorganic Chemistry and the Biogeochemical Cycles - Metal Ions and Proteins: Binding, Stability and Folding - Special Cofactors and Metal Clusters - Transport and Storage of Metal Ions in Biology - Biominerals and Biomineralization - Metals in Medicine - PART B: METAL-ION CONTAINING BIOLOGICAL SYSTEMS - Metal Ion Transport and Storage - Hydrolytic Chemistry - Electron Transfer, Respiration and Photosynthesis - Oxygen Metabolism - Hydrogen, Carbon, Nitrogen, and Sulfur Metabolism - Metalloenzymes with Radical Intermediates - Metal Ion Receptors and Signaling - PART C: TUTORIALS - Tutorial I: Cell Biology, Biochemistry and Evolution - Tutorial II: Fundamentals of Coordination Chemistry - Appendices - Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This comprehensive guide to biological inorganic chemistry will serve both as an excellent course text for advanced undergraduates and postgraduates and as accomplished reference text for anyone working in this area. Already praised by specialists in the field, this sophisticated text gives both an overview of biological inorganic chemistry and presents a detailed look at metal-ion containing biological systems. It is also augmented by tutorials which appear at the end of the book.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 1891389432 (alk. paper)
- 9781891389436 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: