Witch-hunt : mysteries of the Salem witch trials
- Marc Aronson.
- New York : Atheneum Books for Young Readers, c2003.
- Physical description
- xvi, 272 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
KFM2478.8 .W5 A76 2003
- Unknown KFM2478.8 .W5 A76 2003
- Aronson, Marc.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 256-260) and index.
- Of dark forests and midnight thoughts
- Boston, 1688 : the possession of the Goodwin children
- Two Salem families, 1641-1692
- Two mysteries
- The mysteries end and the hearings begin
- The accuser: Ann Putnam, Jr.
- The one and the many
- From hearings to trials
- The man in black
- Choosing death with a quiet conscience
- That no more innocent blood be shed
- A great delusion of Satan.
- What happened in Salem? Sifting through the facts, myths, half-truths, misinterpretations and theories the book presents a vivid narrative of one of the mysteries of American history.
- Supplemental links
Contributor biographical information
Table of contents only
- Publication date