Star wars. Episode IV, A new hope [videorecording]
- Twentieth Century Fox presents a Lucasfilm Ltd. production ; produced by Gary Kurtz ; written and directed by George Lucas
- Uniform Title
- Star wars (Motion picture)
- English, French, Spanish. English, dubbed French or dubbed Spanish dialogue, English subtitles. Closed-captioned on some features
- Limited ed
- Beverly Hills, Calif. : Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, 2006
- Physical description
- 2 videodiscs (ca. 123 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- A rebel ship is being boarded by the tyrannical Darth Vader. Luke Skywalker, with his new allies, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Ben Kenobi, C-3PO, R2-D2, attempt to rescue rebel leader, Princess Leia, from the clutches of the Empire. The conclusion is culminated as the Rebels, including Skywalker and flying ace Wedge Antilles make an attack on the Empires most powerful and ominous weapon, the Death Star
- Skywalker, Luke (Fictitious character) > Drama.
- Solo, Han (Fictitious character) > Drama.
- Organa, Leia (Fictitious character) > Drama.
- Kenobi, Obi-Wan (Fictitious character) > Drama.
- Vader, Darth (Fictitious character) > Drama.
- Life on other planets > Drama.
- Human-alien encounters > Drama.
- Space warfare > Drama.
- Adventure and adventurers > Drama.
- Rescues > Drama.
- Extraterrectres > Teatro.
- Expacio exterior > Teatro.
- Operaciones de salvamento > Teatro.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- New hope
- Edition statement from container
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1977. Digitally remastered "limited edition" with new scenes and enhanced special effects originally released in 1997
- Special features: Disc 1: Enhanced version; Commentary by George Lucas, Ben Burtt, Dennis Muren and Carrie Fisher; Disc 2: Original theatrical movie version; XBox playable game demo; Lego game trailer
- Production Credits
- Director of photography, Gilbert Taylor ; editors, Richard Chew ... [et al.] ; music, John Williams ; costume designer, John Mollo ; production designer, John Barry
- Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Peter Cushing, Alec Guinness
- Voice of Darth Vader: James Earl Jones
- MPAA rating: PG; for sci-fi violence and brief mild language
- DVD, region 1, widescreen (2.35:1) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 EX and 2.0 Dolby surround
- Winner of seven Academy Awards in 1977--Best art direction, John Barry, Norman Reynolds & Leslie Dilley, Set decoration, Roger Christian; Best costume design, John Mollo; Best sound, Don MacDougall, Ray West, Boy Minkler & Derek Ball; Best editing, Paul Hirsch, Marcia Lucas & Richard Chew; Best music score, John Williams; Best visual effects, John Stears, John Dykstra, Richard Edlund, Grant McCune & Robert Blalack. Special award to Benjamin Burtt for creating the alien, creature & robot voices. (Hollywood Gold)
Browse related items
Start at call number: