Encyclopedia of education and human development
- Stephen J. Farenga and Daniel Ness, editors ; foreword by James H. Borland.
- Armonk, N.Y. : M.E. Sharpe, c2005.
- Physical description
- 3 v. : ill. ; 29 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB15 .E473 2005 V.1||In-library use|
|LB15 .E473 2005 V.2||In-library use|
|LB15 .E473 2005 V.3||In-library use|
Library has: v.1-
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- List of Tables and Figures-- Foreword-- Introduction-- Section I. Constructs of Learning-- Curriculum-- Instruction-- Educational Assessment-- Issues and Trends in Subject Matter Knowledge-- Informal Learning-- Technologies in Education-- Section II. Philosophical, Social, and Political Issues in Education-- Philosophies of Education-- Educational Policy and Reform-- Sociology of Education-- Equity and Cultural Issues in Education-- Children's Rights-- Moral Education-- Students at Risk-- Achievement Motivation-- Section III. Levels in Educational Practice-- Early Childhood Education-- Childhood Education-- Middle Level Education-- Adolescent Education-- Adult Learning and Development in the Twenty-first Century-- Current Issues in Higher Education-- Education from an International Perspective-- Section IV. Physical, Social, and Cognitive Domains-- The Psychomotor Domains-- Cognition and Learning-- Language Development-- Semiotic Principles and Human Communication-- Development of Quantitative and Spatial Thinking-- Section V. Educational Issues Concerning Diverse Populations-- Learner Differences-- Inclusion of Children and Youth with Severe Disabilities in School and Society-- Mental Health and Education-- Health and Parenting Issues in Childhood and Adolescence-- Section VI. People, Organizations, and Institutions-- People-- Organizations-- Institutions-- Glossary-- Bibliography-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780765612687 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This comprehensive and exhaustive reference work on the subject of education from the primary grades through higher education combines educational theory with practice, making it a unique contribution to the educational reference market. Issues related to human development and learning are examined by individuals whose specializations are in diverse areas including education, psychology, sociology, philosophy, law, and medicine. The book focuses on important themes in education and human development. Authors consider each entry from the perspective of its social and political conditions as well as historical underpinnings. The book also explores the people whose contributions have played a seminal role in the shaping of educational ideas, institutions, and organizations, and includes entries on these institutions and organizations. This work integrates numerous theoretical frameworks with field based applications from many areas in educational research.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780765612687 20160528
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Publication date
- 0765612682 (alk. paper)
- 9780765612687 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: