Stanford University, Libraries, Bender Room scrapbooks, 1926-1969
- Physical description
- 1.5 linear feet
At the library
Finding aidOnline Archive of California
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|SC0844 FLAT BOX 1||In-library use|
|SC0844 OS BOX 2||In-library use|
- Corporate Author
- Stanford University. Libraries.
- Finding aid
- Finding aid available online
- Scrapbooks contain clippings, announcements, newsletters, brochures, programs, press releases, invitations, and several photographs pertaining primarily to the rare book and manuscript collections, acquisitions, and exhibitions. People mentioned in the articles include Jeannette M. Hitchcock, Albert M. Bender, Frederick E. Brasch and Nathan Van Patten; there are also some clippings on the theft of books by Mitchell Strucinski in 1960. The photographs are of Albert Sperisen, J. Terry Bender, F. E. Brasch and a class in the history of printing at San Jose State College (July 1954).
- Bender, Albert M. (Albert Maurice), 1866-1941.
- Bender, J. Terry (John Terry)
- Brasch, Frederick E. (Frederick Edward), 1875-1967.
- Hitchcock, Jeannette M. (Jeannette McCrory)
- Sperisen, Albert, 1908-1999.
- Strucinski, Mitchell J.
- Van Patten, Nathan, 1887-1956
- Libraries > Special collections.
- Rare books.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- The Bender Room of the Stanford University Library, located on the top floor of the 1919 building (now the Bing Wing of the Cecil H. Green Library), was once the home of the rare book and manuscript divisions of the library.
- Cumulative index or finding aid
- Unpublished guide available.
Browse related items
Start at call number: