The seventh International Conference on Vibration Problems: ICOVP 2005 : 05-09 September, 2005, Istanbul, Turkey
- edited by Esin Inan and Ahmet Kiris.
- Dordrecht : Springer, c2007.
- Physical description
- xviii, 557 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Springer proceedings in physics ; v. 111.
- Includes bibliographic references and index.
- The following broad fields have been chosen by the International Scientific Committeeto be of special importance for the ICOVP-2005: TOPIC 1. Mathematical models of vibration problems in continuum mechanicsTOPIC 2. Vibration problems in non-classical continuum models and wave mechanicsTOPIC 3. Vibrations due to solid / liquid phase interactionTOPIC 4. Vibration problems in structural dynamics, damage mechanics and composite materialsTOPIC 5. Analysis of the linear / non-linear and deterministic / stochastic vibrations phenomenaTOPIC 6. Vibrations of transport systemsTOPIC 7. Computational methods in vibration problems and wave mechanicsTOPIC 8. Vibration problems in earthquake engineeringTOPIC 9. Vibration of granular materialsTOPIC 10. Active vibration control and vibration control in space structureTOPIC 11. Vibration problems associated with nuclear power reactors Other topics concerned with vibration problems, in general, were open as well, but it was understood that the bulk of presentations were within the above fields. All of the lecturers were carefully "nominated" by the International Scientific Committee, so as to illustrate the newest trends, ideas and the results. Altogether there were 81 active participants from 11 different countries, who presented 13 "general lectures (GL)" 1 Special Talk, and 59 "research communications (RC)", of which 49 were oral presentations and 10 were posters. Author/contributor IndexAuthor/contributor address list.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781402054006 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume presents the Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on Vibration Problems, held in Istanbul, Turkey, 05-09 September 2005. As with the earlier conferences in the ICOVP series, the purpose of ICOVP-2005 was to bring together scientists with different backgrounds, actively working on vibration-related problems of engineering both in theoretical and applied fields. The main objective did not lie, however, in reporting specific results as such, but rather in joining/exchanging different languages, questions and methods developed in the respective disciplines, and to thus stimulate a broad interdisciplinary research. The topics, indeed, vary from the effect of ground motion on the stochastic response of suspension bridges to coupling effects between different vibrations in rotor-blade systems. All lectures delivered at the Conference are recorded in their full text.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781402054006 20160528
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- ICOVP 2005
- Springer proceedings in physics v. 111
- International conference proceedings.
- Also available on the World Wide Web.
Browse related items
Start at call number: