William L. Crosten papers, 1952-2001
- Physical description
- .5 linear foot
Finding aidOnline Archive of California
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|SC0765 BOX 1||In-library use|
- Crosten, William L. (William Loran), 1909-2001.
- Finding aid
- Finding aid available on line
- Collection includes biographical materials; several typescript articles; lecture notes; assorted programs, clippings, and press releases on Stanford performances; and notes, lists, and typescript histories of Stanford's music department and programs.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Gift of Mary P. Crosten, 2004-2006.
- William Loran Crosten established the Stanford Music Department and served as its chair from 1947 to 1973 when he retired. He earned his doctorate in musicology from Columbia University in 1946; as a scholar he specialized in opera history and aesthetics.
Browse related items
Start at call number: