- Boris V. Somov.
- New York, NY : Springer, c2006.
- Physical description
- 2 v. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Astrophysics and space science library ; v. 340-341
Engineering Library (Terman)
Library has: pt.1-
|QB462.7 .S67 2006 PT.1||Unknown|
|QB462.7 .S67 2006 PT.2||Unknown|
- Somov, B. V. (Boris V.)
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- No table of contents submitted yet.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780387349480 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This well-illustrated monograph is devoted to classic fundamentals, current practice, and perspectives of modern plasma astrophysics. The first part of the book is unique in covering all the basic principles and practical tools required for understanding and work in plasma astrophysics. The second part represents the physics of magnetic reconnection and flares of electromagnetic origin in space plasmas in the solar system, single and double stars, relativistic objects, accretion disks, their coronae. The level of the book is designed mainly for professional researchers in astrophysics. The book will also be interesting and useful to graduate students in space sciences, geophysics, as well as to advanced students in applied physics and mathematics seeking a unified view of plasma physics and fluid mechanics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780387349480 20160528
- Supplemental links
Contributor biographical information:
- Plasma astrophysics.
- Publication date
- Series volume number misprinted as 340 on P. before T.p on pt. 2.
- 9780387349169 (pt. 1 : acid-free paper)
- 0387349162 (pt. 1 : acid-free paper)
- 9780387349480 (pt. 2: acid-free paper)
- 0387349480 (pt. 2: acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: