Rotary wing structural dynamics and aeroelasticity
- Richard L. Bielawa.
- 2nd ed.
- Reston, VA : American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, c2006.
- Physical description
- xix, 749 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- AIAA education series.
- Bielawa, Richard L.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- * Preface to the Second Edition-- * Preface to the First Edition-- * Introduction-- * Basic Analytical Techniques-- * Rotating Beams-- * Gyroscopics-- * Drive System Dynamics-- * Fuselage Vibrations-- * Methods for Vibration Control-- * Vibration Test Procedures-- * Stability Analysis Methods: Linear Systems-- * Mechanical and Aeromechanical Instabilities of Rotors-- * Mechanical and Aeromechanical Instabilities of Rotor-Pylon Systems-- * Unsteady Aerodynamics and Flutter of Rotors-- * Analysis of Nonlinear Systems-- * Model Rotor Testing for Aeroelastic Stability-- * Elastomeric Devices for Rotorcraft-- * Blade-Section Properties-- * Cross-over Topics-- * Concluding Thoughts-- * Appendices.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781563476983 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Drawing on his extensive experience as a practicing engineer, designer, educator, and researcher in rotorcraft, the author presents a comprehensive account of the fundamental concepts of structural dynamics and aeroelasticity for conventional rotary wing aircraft, as well as for the newly emerging tilt-rotor and tilt-wing concepts. Intended for use in graduate-level courses and by practicing engineers, the volume covers all of the important topics needed for the complete understanding of rotorcraft structural dynamics and aeroelasticity, including basic analysis tools, rotating beams, gyroscopic phenomena, drive system dynamics, fuselage vibrations, methods for controlling vibrations, dynamic test procedures, stability analysis, mechanical and aeromechanical instabilities of rotors and rotor-pylon assemblies, unsteady aerodynamics and flutter of rotors, and model testing. The text is further enhanced by the inclusion of problems in each chapter. The second edition provides more up-to-date solution techniques, as well as new material that the author has developed since the first edition. New chapters have been included dealing with elastomeric devices, airfoil sections with an emphasis on composites, "cross-over" topics, and a historical perspective on the subject material. A new appendix has been provided presenting basic material on composites. The text is further enhanced by the inclusion of problems in each chapter.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781563476983 20160528
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents only
- Publication date
- Education series
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: