Modern aspects of spin physics
- Walter Pötz, Jaroslav Fabian, Ulrich Hohenester (eds.).
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2007.
- Physical description
- xi, 128 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Lecture notes in physics 712.
- Semiconductor Spintronics.- Lectures on the Spin Pairing Mechanism in High-Temperature Superconductors.- Spin in Quantum Field Theory.- Nucleon Spin.- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540385905 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- The spin degree of freedom is an intrinsically quantum-mechanical phenomenon, leading to both intriguing applications (such as quantum information storage and processing) and unsolved fundamental issues (such as "where does the proton spin come from"). The present volume investigates central aspects of modern spin physics in the form of extensive lectures on semiconductor spintronics, the spin-pairing mechanism in high-temperature semiconductors, spin in quantum field theory and the nucleon spin.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540385905 20160528
- Publication date
- Lecture notes in physics, 0075-8450 ; 712
- Contains a collection of lecture notes provided by the key speakers of the Schladming Winter School in Theoretical Physics, March 2005.
- Also available on the World Wide Web.
Browse related items
Start at call number: