A short course in quantum information theory : an approach from theoretical physics
- Lajos Diosi.
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2007.
- Physical description
- ix, 126 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Lecture notes in physics 0075-8450 ; 713
- Diósi, L. (Lajos)
- Foundation of Classical Physics.- Semiclassical -Semi-Q-Pyhsics.- Foundations of Q-Physics.- Two-State-Q-System: Qubit Representations.- One-Qubit Manipulations.- Composite Q-System, Pure State.- All Q-Operations.- Classical Information Theory.- Q-Information Theory.- Q-Computation.- Solutions.- References.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This short and concise primer takes the vantage point of theoretical physics and the unity of physics. It sets out to strip the burgeoning field of quantum information science to its basics by linking it to universal concepts in physics. An extensive lecture rather than a comprehensive textbook, this volume is based on courses delivered over several years to advanced undergraduate and beginning graduate students, but essentially it addresses anyone with a working knowledge of basic quantum physics. Readers will find these lectures a most adequate entry point for theoretical studies in this field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Quantum theory.
- Publication date
- Also available on the World Wide Web.
Browse related items
Start at call number: