High-energy polarized proton beams : a modern view
- Georg Heinz Hoffstaetter.
- New York, NY : Springer, c2006.
- Physical description
- x, 177 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Springer tracts in modern physics ; 218.
- Hoffstaetter, Georg Heinz.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction.- Spin Dynamics: The Equation of Spin Motion. Spin Motion in Circular Accelerators.- First-Order Spin Motion: Linearized Spin-Option Motion. First-Order Resonance Spectrum. Optimal Choices of Siberian Snakes.- Higher-Order Spin Motion: Higher-Order Resonances and Snake Schemes. Obtaining N(Z) by Stroboscopic Averaging. Obtaining N(Z) by Anti-Damping.- Polarized Beams in Other Very-High-Energy Proton Accelerators: The Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC). TEVATRON.LHC.- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book deals with the acceleration and storage of polarized proton beams in cyclic accelerators. Basic equations of spin motion are reviewed, the invariant spin field is introduced, and an adiabatic invariant of spin motion is derived. These modern concepts contribute to the optimization of high energy accelerators for polarized beams. It also allows the analysis of high order depolarizing resonances. Several numerical methods for computing the invariant spin field are presented and results are displayed in numerous illustrations. The reader will gain a much clearer view of spin dynamics at high energy than has hitherto been available.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Springer tracts in modern physics, 0081-3869 ; 218
- Originally presented as the author's habilitation (Darmstadt) under the title: Aspects of the Invariant Spin Field for High Energy Polarized Proton Beams.
- 0387346791 (hd.bd.)
- 0387347542 (e-ISBN(
- 9780387347547 (e-ISBN)
Browse related items
Start at call number: