Third-generation hard x-ray synchrotron radiation sources : source properties, optics, and experimental techniques
- edited by Dennis M. Mills.
- New York : Wiley, c2002.
- Physical description
- x, 406 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Mills, Dennis M.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface (D. Mills)-- Fundamentals of Hard X-ray Synchrotron Sources (S. Krinsky)-- X-ray Optics for 3rd Generation Synchrotron Sources (D. Mills)-- Coherent X-ray Diffraction (M. Sutton)-- X-ray Microbeam and Microscopy Techniques with Hard X-ray (W. Yun & G. Ice)-- Imaging with 3rd Generation Synchrotron X-rays (J. Baruchel, et al.)-- High Pressure Research Techniques at 3rd Generation Synchrotron Sources (Y. Wang, et al.)-- High Energy X-ray Scattering at 3rd Generation Synchrotron Sources (P. Suortti & Th. Tschentscher)-- New Directions in X-ray Magnetic Scattering (D. Gibbs, et al.)-- Macromolecular Crystallography at 3rd Generation Synchrotron Sources (A. Howard)-- Picosecond Structural Studies Using Pulsed Synchrotron Radiation (F. Schotte, et al.).
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471314332 20160527
- Publisher's Summary
- An expert survey of new synchrotron radiation sources and applications Synchrotron radiation continues to be an indispensable tool for physicists, materials scientists, chemists, and macromolecular crystallographers. Researchers in such fields as medicine, geological and environmental studies, structural genomics, and archaeology are finding ever more uses for this technology. This book discusses new third generation synchrotron radiation sources such as the Advanced Photon Source (APS), the European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (ESRF), and the Super Photon Ring-8 GeV (Spring-8). Topics such as accelerator design, radiation properties, and x-ray optics are given detailed treatment. With its coverage of both established and experimental techniques, applications, and specialized topics-all written by renowned experts and practitioners-Third Generation Hard X-ray Synchrotron Radiation Sources provides an indispensable, up-to-date account of the current state of the art.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471314332 20160527
- Supplemental links
Contributor biographical information
Table of contents
- Publication date
- 0471314331 (acid-free paper)
- 9780471314332 (acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: