Profiles of people in power : the world's government leaders
- Roger East, Carina O'Reilly and Richard J. Thomas.
- 2nd ed.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2006.
- Physical description
- xiv, 691 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Publisher's Summary
- The second edition of this important biographical reference presents over 300 succinct narrative biographies of some of the most important, influential and powerful people in the world. Covering some 200 countries and territories, it profiles every serving head of state and head of government and explains both, the role of the head of state, head of government and the legislature as well as each country's type of government. Containing biographical profiles of close to 350 world leaders, this book will be essential for anyone needing information on those in power. Entries for each country or territory include: a brief explanation of the type of government and the respective roles of the head of state, the head of government and the legislature; a listing of recent heads of state and heads of government; and, biographical profiles of the current head of state and head of government and other recent incumbents of these positions remain significant and active political leaders. This new edition is going to be a great asset to reference libraries, as well as governmental and political organizations world-wide.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781857433463 20160527
- Publication date
- Previous ed.: published as by Roger East and Richard J. Thomas. London: Europa, 2003.
- Includes indexes.
- 1857433467 (hbk.)
- 9781857433463 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: