Bretherick's handbook of reactive chemical hazards : an indexed guide to published data
- 7th ed. / edited by P.G. Urben ; assisted by M.J. Pitt.
- Amsterdam ; Boston ; London : Academic, c2007.
- Physical description
- 2 v. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Urben, P. G.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Volume 1 - Introduction-- Reactive chemical hazards-- SPECIFIC CHEMICALS (Elements and compounds arranged in formula order) Volume 2 - CLASSES, GROUPS AND TOPICS (Entries arranged in alphabetical order)-- Source title abbreviations used in references-- tabulated fire related data-- Glossary of abbreviations and technical terms-- Index of chemical names and synonyms used in section 1-- Index of class, group and topic titles used in section 2-- Index of section 2 titles classified by type-- Index of CAS registry numbers vs serial numbers in section 1.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780123725639 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- "Bretherick's Handbook of Reactive Chemical Hazards" is widely regarded as the reference work in this field - an assembly of all reported risks such as explosion, fire, toxic or high-energy events that result from chemical reactions gone astray, with extensive referencing to the primary literature. It is designed to improve safety in laboratories that perform chemical synthesis and general research, as well as chemical manufacturing plants. Entries are ordered by empirical formula and indexed under both name(s) and Chemical Abstracts Registry Numbers. This two-volume compendium focuses on reactivity risks of chemicals, alone and in combination; toxicity hazards are only included for unexpected reactions giving volatile poisons. The 2-volume set is available on an introductory price of $320/270/GBP185 until Jan 2007. Will then revert to the list price of $395/330/GBP230?. Order your copy at the introductory price now. Predict, avoid, and control reactivity danger with this latest edition of the leading guide. It covers every chemical with documented information on reactive hazards; more than 5,000 entries on single elements or compounds, and 5,000 entries on the interactions between two or more compounds. It includes five years of new reports, new references to the primary literature, and amplification to existing entries. It links similar compounds or incidents that are not obviously related.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780123725639 20160528
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Handbook of reactive chemical hazards
- Previous ed.: Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann, 1999.
- 1st ed. published as by L. Bretherick.
- 0123739454 (v. 1)
- 0123739462 (v. 2)
- 0123725631 (set)
- 9780123739452 (v. 1)
- 9780123739469 (v. 2)
- 9780123725639 (set)
Browse related items
Start at call number: