If this is Kosher-- [videorecording]
- from Jonathan Safran Foer.
- [S.l.] : 2006
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (25 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Foer, Jonathan Safran, 1977-
- "On November 30, 2004, The New York Times broke the story of what it called "grisly" animal abuse at the world's largest glatt kosher slaughterhouse, AgriProcessors Inc. The story, based on a disturbing undercover investigation, received wide coverage in the mainstream media and remains the biggest scandal in the kosher meat industry in recent memory. For many in the Jewish community, the seriousness of these abuses and kosher authorities' failure to denounce them have raised fundamental questions about the consumption of meat. This video takes on those questions."--HumaneKoshser.com website.
- Publication date
- Includes the full length and short versions of the film, an interview with Foer, and "Meet your meat."
- Also available on the World Wide Web.