Warped passages : unraveling the mysteries of the Universe's hidden dimensions
- Lisa Randall.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Ecco, c2005.
- Physical description
- xii, 499 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- PHYSICS-18N-01 -- Frontiers in Theoretical Physics and Cosmology
- Dimopoulos, Savas G
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QC6 .R26 2005||On reserve at Li and Ma Science Library 2-hour loan|
- Randall, Lisa.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Entryway passages : demystifying dimensions
- Restricted passages : rolled-up extra dimensions
- Exclusive passages : branes, braneworlds, and the bulk
- Approaches to theoretical physics
- Relativity : the evolution of Einstein's gravity
- Quantum mechanics : principled uncertainty, the principal uncertainties, and the uncertainty principle
- The standard model of particle physics : matter's most basic known structure
- Experimental interlude : verifying the standard model
- Symmetry : the essential organizing principle
- The origin of elementary particle masses : spontaneous symmetry breaking and the Higgs mechanism
- Scaling and grand unification : relating interactions at different lengths and energies
- The hierarchy problem : the only effective trickle-down theory
- Supersymmetry : a leap beyond the standard model
- Allegro (ma non troppo) passage for strings
- Supporting passages : brane development
- Bustling passages : braneworlds
- Sparsely populated passages : multiverses and sequestering
- Leaky passages : fingerprints of extra dimensions
- Voluminous passages : large extra dimensions
- Warped passage : a solution to the hierarchy problem
- The warped annotated "Alice"
- Profound passage : an infinite extra dimension
- A reflective and expansive passage
- Extra dimensions : are you in or out?
- Discusses dimensions of space, early twentieth-century advances, the physics of elementary particles, string theory and branes, and proposals for extra-dimension universes.
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: