Plasma-material interaction in controlled fusion
- D. Naujoks.
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2006.
- Physical description
- xii, 277 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Springer series on atomic, optical, and plasma physics ; 39.
- Naujoks, D. (Dirk)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -271) and index.
- From the contentsIntroduction.- Energy Problem and Related Safety Aspects.- Fusion Concepts.- The Plasma-Material Interface.- The Problem of Plasma Density Control.- Impurity Problem in Fusion Experiments.- Plasma Operation Limits.- Material Operation Limits.- Choice of Materials.- Outlook.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540321484 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- "Plasma-Material Interaction in Controlled Fusion" deals with the specific contact between the fourth state of matter, i.e. plasma, and the first state of matter, i.e. a solid wall, in controlled fusion experiments. A comprehensive analysis of the main processes of plasma-surface interaction is given together with an assessment of the most critical questions within the context of general criteria and operation limits. It is shown that the choice of plasma-facing materials can be reduced to a very limited list of possible candidates. "Plasma-Material Interaction in Controlled Fusion" emphasizes that a reliable solution of the material problem can only be found by adjusting the materials to suitable plasma scenarios and vice versa.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540321484 20160528
- Publication date
- Springer series on atomic, optical, and plasma physics, 1615-5653 ; 39
- 3540321489 (hd.bd.)
- 9783540321484 (hd.bd.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: