Defining gender, 1450-1910 [electronic resource] : five centuries of advice literature online
- Marlborough, Wiltshire, England : Adam Matthew Publications, 2003.
- Adam Matthew Publications.
- Section 1. Conduct and politeness
- Section 2. Domesticity and the family
- Section 3. Consumption and leisure
- Section 4. Education and sensibility
- Section 5. The body.
- Bodleian Library.
- Etiquette > Great Britain > History > Sources.
- Sex role in literature > Great Britain > History > Sources.
- Women > Great Britain > Conduct of life > History > Sources.
- Women > Great Britain > Social conditions > Sources.
- Families > Great Britain > History > Sources.
- Authors, English > Political and social views > Sources.
- Didactic literature, English > Sources.
- Great Britain > Social life and customs > Sources.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Five centuries of advice literature online
- Title from the resource itself (viewed on Feb. 10, 2004)
- "Between 2003 and 2007 Adam Matthew Publications will bring together over 50,000 images of original documents relating to gender studies. The images will be sourced from libraries and archives around the world, including a strong core of document images from the Bodelian Library, Oxford."--Home page.
- File/Data Type
- Text (HTML), document images (PDF) and search engine.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- System requirements: Adobe Acrobat reader.