Wavelength filters in fibre optics
- Herbert Venghaus (ed.).
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2006.
- Physical description
- xxiv, 454 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Springer series in optical sciences v. 123.
- Venghaus, Herbert, 1943-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Optical Filters in Wavelength-Division Multiplex Systems.- Phase Characteristics of Optical Filters.- Diffraction Grating WDM Components.- Arrayed Waveguide Gratings.- Fibre Bragg Gratings.- Fabry-Perot Interferometer Filters.- Dielectric Multilayer Filters.- Ring-Resonator-Based Wavelength Filters.- Interleavers.- Appendix.- Glossary.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540317692 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Wavelength filters constitute an essential element of fibre-optic networks. This book gives a comprehensive account of the principles and applications of such filters, including their technological realisation. After an introductory chapter on wavelength division multiplexing in current and future fibre optic networks follows a detailed treatment of the phase characteristics of wavelength filters, a factor frequently neglected but of significant importance at high bit rates. Subsequent chapters cover three-dimensional reflection of gratings, arrayed waveguide gratings, fibre Bragg gratings, Fabry-Perot filters, dielectric multilayer filters, ring filters, and interleavers. The book explains the relevant performance parameters, the particular advantages and shortcomings of the various concepts and components, and the preferred applications. It also includes in-depth information on the characteristics of both commercially available devices and those still at the R&D stage. All chapters are authored by internationally recognized experts.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540317692 20160528
- Publication date
- Springer series in optical sciences, 0342-4111 ; 123
- 3540317694 (hbk.)
- 9783540317692 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: