Theory of the muon anomalous magnetic moment
- Kirill Melnikov, Arkady Vainshtein.
- Berlin : Springer, 2006.
- Physical description
- xi, 176 p. : 33 fig., tab. ; 24 cm.
- Springer tracts in modern physics, 0081-3869 ; v. 216
- Melnikov, Kirill.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction.- QED Effects in the Muon Magnetic Anomaly.- QED.- Hadronic Vacuum Polarization.- Electroweak Corrections to amu.- Strong Interaction Effects in Electroweak Corrections.- Hadronic Light-by-Light Scattering and the Muon Magnetic Anomaly.- Standard Model Value for the Muon Magnetic Anomaly.- New Physics and the Muon Anomalous Magnetic Moment.- Summary.- Appendix 1: Notation.- Appendix 2: Gounaris-Sakurai Parametrization of the Pion Form Factor.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540328063 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- The theory of the muon anomalous magnetic is "particle physics in a nutshell" and as such is interesting, exciting and difficult. The current precision of the experimental value for this quantity, improved significantly in the past several years due to experiment E821 at Brookhaven National Laboratory, is so high that a large number of subtle effects not relevant previously, become important for the interpretation of the experimental result. The theory of the muon anomalous magnetic moment is at the cutting edge of current research in particle physics and includes multiloop calculations in both QED and electroweak theory, precision low-energy hadron physics, isospin violations and scattering of light by light. Any deviation between the theoretical prediction and the experimental value might be interpreted as a signal of an as-yet-unknown new physics. This book provides a comprehensive review of the theory of the muon anomalous magnetic moment.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540328063 20160528
- Publication date
- Also available on the World Wide Web.
- 3540328068 (hd.bd.)
- 9783540328063 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: