Solid-state laser engineering
- Walter Koechner.
- 6th rev. and updated ed.
- New York : Springer, c2006.
- Physical description
- xvi, 747 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Springer series in optical sciences ; v. 1.
- Koechner, Walter, 1937-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -741) and index.
- Energy Transfer between Radiation and Atomic Transitions.- Properties of Solid-State Laser Materials.- Laser Oscillator.- Laser Amplifier.- Optical Resonator.- Optical Pump Systems.- Thermal Optic Effects.- Q-Switching.- Mode-locking.- Nonlinear Devices.- Damage of Optical Elements.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780387290942 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Written from an industrial perspective, "Solid-State Laser Engineering" discusses in detail the characteristics, design, construction, and performance of solid-state lasers. Emphasis is placed on engineering and practical considerations; phenomenological aspects using models are preferred to abstract mathematical derivations. Since its first edition almost 30 years ago, this book has become the standard in the field of solid-state lasers for scientists, engineers and graduate students. This new edition has been extensively revised and updated to account for recent developments in the areas of diode-laser pumping, laser materials and nonlinear crystals. Completely new sections have been added dealing with frequency control, the theory of mode-locking, femto second lasers, high efficiency harmonic generation, passive and acousto-optic Q-switching, semiconductor saturable absorber mirrors (SESAM) and peridically poled nonlinear crystals.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780387290942 20160528
- Solid-state lasers.
- Publication date
- Springer series in optical sciences, 0342-4111 ; v. 1
- 0387293388 (e-ISBN)
Browse related items
Start at call number: