Television disrupted : the transition from network to networked TV
- Shelly Palmer.
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier Focal Press, c2006.
- Physical description
- xx, 224 p. : ill., maps ; 23 cm.
- Palmer, Shelly.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 221-224).
- 1: The Businesses of Television 2: Disrupting Television Using Existing Network Technologies 3: Internet 4: Existing Wireless Networks 5: Emerging Networks 6: Content, Storytellers, Gatekeepers and Related Skills 7: Networked Value Propositions 8: Media Consumption 9: Digital Rights Management and Copyright Laws 10: The Evolution of Advertising and Audience Measurement 11: Emerging Advertising Technologies 12: Television Disrupted.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- What's happening to the business of television? "Television Disrupted: The Transition from Network to Networked Television" will empower you to make informed business, career and investment choices by giving insights into the technologies, business rules and legal issues that are shaping the future. You'll learn about: time-shifted and on-demand viewing, mobile video, file sharing, interactive and advanced media, advertising, copyright laws, paradigm shifts, parlor tricks, and much, much more. This book will serve as a baseline to help executives, investors or professionals get a handle on the future of television and the role it plays in evolving media. About the author - Shelly Palmer, Managing Partner, Advanced Media Ventures Group LLC, is an award-winning inventor, technologist, composer and television producer. He is the host of Media 3.0 with Shelly Palmer, a weekly business news show that can be seen on public television and online. He invented Enhanced Television ("Who Wants to Be a Millionaire", "Monday Night Football"), the most popular form of interactive television in the United States. Mr. Palmer is 1st Vice President of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, NY. He created and chairs the Advanced Media Technology Emmy Awards which honors excellence in the science and technology of the media business. He is the author of one of the most popular television business news blogs, and he is a weekly columnist.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Publisher description
- Publication date
- 9780240808642 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0240808649 (pbk. : alk. paper)